Much of the material found in the College Archives exists because of the interest and enthusiasm of Sr Joachim Brooke. In the 1960’s, she ensured that our 1926 Register of Admissions, early photos and uniforms were preserved for future generations. Sr Joachim understood the importance of our history and the sense of belonging it gives our students.
Up until 2010, the archives occupied a section of a compactus located in the corner of the Library. In 2011, the College was fortunate to secure a designated area for our archives, now called the Heritage Room, which is situated in the newly built St Mary of the Cross Science and Language Centre. The room has a small display area and storage area. The first display in the new Heritage Room was opened to the public on St Patrick’s Day 2011, the day the St Mary of the Cross Science and Language Centre was officially opened. The display included photos of staff from 1972 to 2010, photos of students from 1939 and photos of Presentation Sisters who worked in the College.