General Expectations Regarding Uniform and Grooming
All students are expected to wear the correct full College uniform, and to take pride in it. The uniform has been developed in consultation with parents and every effort has been made to develop a uniform which is distinctive, symbolic and smart.
The uniform is a symbol of the College and will help students identify with the College and develop a sense of pride in themselves and the College.
The College insists that full College uniform be worn correctly. Parents are asked to support the College in this matter.
Students are expected to be neat and well groomed at all times. Hairstyles must be appropriate for the wearing of the College uniform. There are to be no extremes in hairstyles in cut, style or colour. Bright, lurid rinses and bleaches are not permitted. Students whose hair is below their collar are required to have it tied back. Hair decorations are to be in College colours (ie. Gold, blue).
Boys must be clean shaven when they come to the College each day. Beards and moustaches are not permitted.
Note to Explain Incorrect Uniform:
If, on a particular day, a student is unable to wear any part of the uniform a note written dated and signed by the student’s parent/guardian must be presented to the Homeroom Teacher. This is a basic courtesy and the student will not be penalised in any way.
Wearing of accessories should be kept to a minimum for both safety and security reasons. Thus, the following ONLY are acceptable:
• gold or silver studs or sleepers (with a maximum diameter of 1.5cm). Maximum of two per ear (GIRLS ONLY)
• one silver or gold ring
• one single neck chain (silver or gold) with or without a small simple medallion, cross, etc. No leather, shells or beads
• one bracelet (silver or gold). No leather, shells or beads
• Eye make-up, false eyelashes and foundation are not permitted
• No extremes in hair colour, cut or style
• Boys and girls with hair extending beyond their collar are to have it tied back at all times. Any hair decorations are to be in College colours
• All boys are to be clean shaven
• Facial piercing including nose rings, keepers and band aid covers are not permitted
• False nails and nail polish are not permitted
• Any Tattoos are not to be visible when wearing the College uniform.
Availability of Uniform
College uniforms can be purchased from: “Work n’ Country Gear” (Main Street).
Some second-hand uniforms are available at the College from the Clothing Pool.